Saturday, June 7, 2008

The prophet said to plant a garden, so that's what we'll do....

The very first tomato! Yummy!
Here are a few pictures of our garden we have started. The red box has strawberries in it. You might be able to see one strawberry in the box. The day I took this picture, the strawberry only needed about 1/2 of a day left till it would be rip and juicy. The next morning I went out to find it gone. The squirrels have hit the jackpot. I saw strawberry juice on the rock below. I can't stand those blasted squirrels!!!!
We have tomatoes, squash, zucchini, watermelon, cucumbers, cantaloupe, onions, eggplant, a raspberry bush, 1 peach tree and bell pepper. We already had our romaine lettuce. So delish!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I agree! Down with the blasted squirrels!!!

That tomato looks so yummy! I love garden grown tomatoes so much!!!

The red planter box with the strawberries is so cute! I wish that gardens came with some sort of squirrel guard. *sigh*

Unknown said...

your garden looks beautiful! I can't believe how big your tomato plants are already... and they are producing already too! I'm jealous... too bad about those pesky squirrels. Good luck with the strawberries!

Kelly said...

Love the garden! Good work! I like your little red box you painted. You're so cute. =)

CD Black said...

We don't have squirrels in the desert (only at the zoo...) I love our garden. Roma tomatoes anyone? We also have zuchinni going into every meal and dessert in our house right now. How many ways can we eat a squash?
On my other explorer tab right now I'm looking into homemade compost. I've been feeling promptings to learn how, so now I've got a box and will start.
I'm glad that you have some fresh veggies and I wish I had the patience to grow strawberries.

Anonymous said...

The garden looks great and the tomatoes are beautiful. I'm so glad you listen to what the Prophet says. Remember squirrels are God's creatures too... Ha