Tuesday, June 10, 2008
This is it...
A couple of weeks ago, Mimi was in bed and Ava was just playing downstairs. I asked Ava to come over to see me and give me a little snuggle-time. Ava bluntly looks at me as says she really doesn't want to. At that very moment, it hit me. This is it. This is the time that everyone ALWAYS tell a mom about. You know the one. Where there will be ONE day when you will want to just sit down and hold your little baby, and that little baby (which very well may not be a baby anymore and may actually be only 6 days away from turning 3) doesn't want you to hold her. The time that passed so quickly. The times I didn't sit down and hold my baby because I had laundry or a bathroom to clean. Yep, this was it. This was that dreaded day that I never thought would come to me because MY child would always want me to hold her..... I was quickly awaken from my thoughts of dread when Ava says to me " My mom, why you so sad, mom?" I answered her in that same way of dread. Of how I really just wanted to hold her and have a little bit of snuggle-time but that you (Ava) didn't want to. She then climbs up into my lap and says "THAT BETTER, MOM"!!!! I laughed out loud and said... Yeah, IT IS A LOT BETTER!!! Thanks Ava for keepin' it real!
This is a video of Ava singing Give said the Little Stream. She actually sang this song for 20 minutes. straight. Mimi doing "background music" playing in the kitchen with the pots and pans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
It is so great that she gave you a hug. I never had this problem since Annabella never wanted to snuggle even as a baby... So you are the lucky one here.... The song is so cute!! Annabella sing popcorn popping all day long.
That is the SWEETEST little video EVER!! I love the, "background music", too. Seriously, that singing is so, so, darling!
I love how Ava said, "My Mom..." when she asked you why you were so sad. She is a living doll. I also love how she said, "THAT BETTER MOM!!!!" So adorable!
My kids wanted to see the video, too. Because I was oooohhhhing and ahhhhhing at the adorableness!
She'll win American Idol someday, and I hope she remembers me.
Now I have the song in my head. Over and over again.
by the way, corey and I have watched this 3 times tonight already. It's too funny!
I just read on Abs blog about the, "Hand, Foot and Mouth" Ohhhhhh! I am so sorry....are there huge blisters involved? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh....can I do anything? Don't hesitate to call me, okay!
Oh my goodness that was the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!!! I love it! She is actually a good singer too. Great! =)
Mimi may look like you but AVA has your personality and persistence and might I add your independence. But also your kind heart. She is so sweet and I agree I think she will win American Idol someday..... if she wants to, but don't ever try to force her to do ANYTHING.. Then the fight is on. Love Non
This is the first of a long series of moment you didn't think would ever come... Enjoy them while they are still asking you to be a part of their lives. It doesn't last forever and then you hyave to wait for them to grow up and get kids of their own for them to understand those sad moments. And the blank stares, when they say "Mom what's wrong, or didn't you hear a word I said, this is serious, he likes Sarah more than me...."
So SO cute!! I was really hoping it would be the full 20 minutes of her singing. Such a sweet little voice and a tender, lovely heart.
Post a Comment