Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Ava

The first picture of Ava Jayne
So excited to get a homemade dolly from her friend J. She loves it! Not so sure about the swing though! Mimi LOVIN' the swing!
Princess dresses from Ta-pa and Ya-ya Elmo birthday cake I'm comin' down the slide Watch out below! Make a wish!
3 years ago, I was holding my first baby. She was so tiny, only weighing 6lbs, 1oz and 18 inches long. She was so beautiful. I couldn't believe she was finally here..... then she started crying. Oh DEAR... life really is going to change. And oh how it has. I have delt with more spit up, throw up and poop in the last 3 years than I have in my whole life. I have had to grow up a TON since that day. I have to admit that I take back (on almost a daily basis) of things that "i will NEVER allow my children to do". I love being a mom. I love being Ava and Emery's mom. I have never worked so hard at something. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a mother and stay at home to raise and teach my girls.
Things you are doing right now: Singing singing Singing. ALWAYS TALKING. Being a princess. Such a big helper in the kitchen. Asking why and what... A LOT! Learning your numbers (10-25) and learning to spell your name. Learning the Articles of Faith. Learning more about the scriptures.
Some of dads favorite things about you right now: You are talking really well. Loves to be silly. Cute cute little girl. How you teach Mimi "the ways". Lots of energy. and for the most part a very happy little girl!!
Some of moms favorite things about you right now: How you get excited about the little things. The way you smile in the morning. All of the songs you sing. Being brave. Helping with the laundry and dishes. How you love your little sister. How you still love the color orange and really would be happy if everything in life were orange-y!
Ava, mom and dad love you so much and are so proud of you. Keep being a happy and loving little girl. We love you!!!
Tonight, we went to the park for a little party. Ava wanted an Elmo birthday cake and for her friend J to be there. J even wore an orange dress because she knew you would love it! It was a pretty great night. The kids played, we ate dinner, had some cake, opened presents and played some more. What more could you ask for on a 3rd birthday!!??!!
We missed our family, but are so grateful to have awesome friends here in Georgia.
Happy 3rd Birthday! We Love you Ava!!!!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Almost cried. So sweet. She is such a cutie. I'm glad her party and birth-Day was so great. I love the Elmo cake. Did you make that? How did you make that?? Great job!! She seems like such a good girl. I wish we lived closer!!!

Abs said...

Very sweet post. What a good idea to write down things she's doing and things you love.

Happy Birthday Ava!

Erika said...

I'm glad she finally stopped crying. Cute pictures!

Lauren in GA said...

Happy, Happy Birthday sweet Ava!

I love how you posted about it!

Those are great pictures and the cake is fabulous!

Ruth said...

LOVE ELMO! Ava is so big now. We are doing great, moving AGAIN to AZ. Your blog is great, I love being able to catch up this way! How is residency going?

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for doing this blog, what a great way of doing a journal and having the pictures to go with it. This will be so fun to look at with the girls as they get older. I feel like I am missing out on so much. I miss having you and your sweet family around. Ava you are such a special little girl. I know Heavenly Father saved you back to send to this family you are so brave and have every talent you need to face your set of challenges. I love your quick smile, your desire to learn everything,your beautiful honey brown curls, the way you run, your huge volcabulary, the twinkle in your eyes. Happy birthday Ava, you have added alot to our lives in three short years. I love you all, Noni