Saturday, May 15, 2010

UGH.....

I don't know what my deal is. I haven't been a very good mom today. In fact I would go as far to say I haven't been a very good mom the past couple of weeks. And I'm not sure what my deal is. I mean, I am sure (hope) it is a combination of things. I'm 38 weeks pregnant. I am tired. I have ZERO energy. There are so many things that I want to get done before we have this little baby, but am starting to give up on the list. Not because they don't need to be done. Because I don't want to do them! And I want to be a good mom. I want to have patience. I want to be kind and loving and understanding. And I think for the most part I am. Just not now. But it makes me really concerned that the last few weeks of just having 2 girls at home aren't fun for anyone. They are really sweet girls. And they do love me so so much. And I love them too. So soo much! I need to show them that. Cause I'm not sure anyone is feeling the love right now.
The thing is. I really have nothing to complain about. I have a wonderful husband who loves me and would really give the world to me. There are ladies out there that don't have that. And that makes me sad. I have 2 beautiful daughters that love me. So so much (in their words)! I am about to have our 3 daughter, and if I might say so my self.... she too will be beautiful! I have a roof over head, food in my pantry and family on the way to help when we have this baby. So really what is my deal?
Lets say its hormones!

4 comments:

CD Black said...

Did you pray for patience? That usually makes my days worse!
Don't fret. A slump from time to time helps us enjoy the mountain tops. I tell myself this with my son who is so ALIVE. We have to have the tantrums in order for us to really enjoy the outrageously happy moments! Good luck, and I look forward to seeing your next beatiful chiquita.

Bridget said...

It is hormones. Really. By the end of my last pregnancy I thought..."What have I done???? I can't even keep up with two of them."

Like you, I had lists of things to do. I had plans of things I wanted to do with the big kids before the baby came. And none of that happened. I was too tired and too overwhelmed. And you know what? We ended up cuddling and watching the baby move and reading and watching more TV than ever before...and those are some of the best memories I have.

It's easier said than done...but enjoy it. It gets better.
xoxo

Andrea said...

We all have those days! Luckily you are pregnant and have a great excuse.

Lauren in GA said...

As Kristi A. says, "Bless your cotton socks." I am sorry that you are feeling that way. Hormones are vile, they make us feel like we are doing everything wrong and make us feel very out of control. You are a wonderful wife and mommy. I have a good eye. I know a great wife and mommy when I see one.

I am not a doctor...I just pretend to be one...I prescribe you a nice loooooong nap and copious amounts of chocolate. I LOVE YOU!!!!