Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Birthday Ideas

Okay, Josh turns 30 this year and I need some birthday ideas. Every time I ask him what he wants to do he says "Oh I don't know, maybe go to dinner." We don't have a lot of extra money (who does, right!?) so it needs to be cost efficient but good. 30 is a big one so I want it to be good and fun. His parents will be here a couple of days after his birthday so we could do something while they are here. PLEASE HELP!

9 comments:

Abs said...

I went to a blog once, totally random and I have no idea how to get back, but she had a surprise birthday for him with all his friends and family. She had a cake that had a photo of him as a kid on top. I don't remember all the details, but I remember thinking, I want to do that for Mark! It looked like fun.

Erika said...

You should go to a restaurant that has a saddle that he can sit on then dance around the restaurant. That's pretty much the best way to spend a birthday.

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

The party that Keyth just gave me for you 30th was fun. It was 70's themed because I was born in the 70's and we played games that you would play when you were a kid. Pin the tail on the donkey, cotton ball's in or out of the bowl, pinta, you know kid stuff. It was really fun!!

Jenibelle said...

For my husband's big 5-0 this year, I called all our friends and family and co-workers and asked them to answer this statement: "I love/appreciate Byron because....." They all gave such great answers. My daughter took all 50 replies, typed them and decorated them fancy. In the middle of the night, like little mice, my kids hung them ALL OVER the house. As he walked downstairs he started reading them..."I love Byron cause he doesn't care if we come over and take off our shoes and have stinky feet. Love, Bob" "I love Byron cause he has the best DVD collection in the ward. Love, Marty) and so forth.
They were everywhere in our house, in the cupboards, in the shower. 50 responses. He loved it. Now they are all in sheet protectors and in a binder for posterity.

jennie said...

I like the idea of the 30 comments from friends & family. I don't have any great suggestions. We just always have all of our med student friends over for Jon's birthday. Jon is still the YM president so last year we invited the boys to come to and they had a great time. :)

Lauren in GA said...

Ohhhh, I like the idea that Jennie said about 30 comments from friends and family...I also like the idea of a big ol' surprise party...with baby pictures of him being displayed :)

Lauren in GA said...

Something is wrong!!!! I have been checking your blog daily to see if you have posted and the newest post was the one about pollen. I just clicked on Abs' sidebar and there was this Birthday Ideas post. I wonder why your blog is not updating in my favorites?! I am so upset with my computer! I have never seen this one! DRAT!

Lauren in GA said...

Okay, I think I fixed it...I think that I had the blog entitled Smith Family March 2008 in my favorites and it wouldn't let me read your post from April 1st...I hope I got it figured out. *Phew*

Erika said...

How was your trip?