Monday, April 21, 2008
Other things I have been meaning to write down.
After church (April 20, 2008) I was doing my normal "need to get some adult conversation in and Sunday/church is a great place to do it, plus most of the dads have the kids so I can actually CARRY ON a conversation" chatting with a few of the ladies. I see that Josh and the girls are walking to the car in the parking lot so I follow suit. As I get to the car (mind you the dress I have on is quite modest until the wind blows... and I don't wear slips...so I have pretty much B-lined it to the car to avoid any embarrassing mishaps)anyway, Josh is laughing and holds up his hand. He is holding a diaper and no it is not a new one. Back up a bit, while I am doing my conversing, Josh meets me with the girls to tell me he is going to the car. Ava in the mean time is telling us that her diaper is "soggy". over and over and over and over. And if you don't know Ava, when I say she says something over and over, I MEAN IT! She doesn't stop, even if you acknowledge her. Apparently, as the girls and Josh were walking through the parking lot, Ava's "soggy" diaper falls to her ankles. She flips out, cause she cant walk with this thing between her legs and Josh can't stop laughing. He of course is NOT laughing at her, but at the situation itself!! When they meet me at the car Ava says "Mom, my diaper was really really soggy and it just fell off!!!!!" The we bumped her head while we were trying to put the next diaper on and the funny moment left...!!!!! :)
Mimi has become quite the little chatty-patty as of late. One day I was driving and Mimi says "Mooooooom, a bum bum bum won mo tah!!!!!" I of course had noooo idea what in the world she was talking about. But she too, like her sister, are very VERY insistent and continued to repeat this to me. I tried to explain that I did not know what she wanted. After what seemed like an eternity and she is now YELLING this at me I start rattling off random things. Do you want a drink? a binkie? a baby? a ball? your silky? out of the car? a snack? Nothing. FINALLY it stopped. I look back thinking that she must have given up and fallen asleep. No, she is just as happy as can be sitting back there. Taking in the new peace and quite I start singing along with the cd that is playing (baby Einsteins ABC's). It was the "B" song " I'm catching my baby bumble bee". How did I not know that she wanted to listen to the "bumble bee song one more time". I then ask her if she wanted to listen to this song and she happily replies "YEAAAAAAH"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Her poor diaper! I can't believe it fell off. That is the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!
I love the bumble bee song story! I often felt like I needed an interpreter when my boys were little...they would get so upset when I couldn't understand them!
Loved the diaper story, too! That was rich!
At first I was afraid you were going to say that you tripped over the diaper when you were running to the car.
Post a Comment