Friday, January 25, 2013

Emery Kate

Emery is such a sweet girl. She is super sensitive and loving towards others. Emery is the perfect middle child and really wants everyone around her to be happy, and tries to help if things aren't that way. Emery is also in the suzuki program at her school and taking lessons from Mr Pugh, although she is learning to play the cello. It is so fun to see her learn this instrument. The Suzuki program is parent-teacher taught so I go to all of the girls lessons. Emery has lessons on Monday and Thursday for about 20-30 minutes and then a group lesson I do not go to on Thursdays after school. Emery is one of only 4 in the whole school to be learning cello. The first year is all about learning how to play Twinkle Twinkle little Star and then they go from there. Mr Pugh was quite impressed with how she has pretty much taught herself how to play it. She was pretty proud of herself. Emery is in Kindergarten and her teacher, Mrs Stroman, is also incredible. Mrs Stroman has been a 1st grade teacher for 15 years and just moved to K. It is nice to know that she is really getting the students ready for 1st grade. Emery is the teachers pet, and knows it! She is the oldest in her class so she gets to help other kids. Mrs Stroman continues to tell me how responsible she is. She is reading pretty well, and I feel confident that she will be reading completely on her own by the summer.  Emery makes friends really easily. Emery is also taking a gymnastics class once a week and loving it. Emery also loves Hansen. She can get him to talk and smile more than anyone else can. You still look up to Ava so much, but are finding out things on your own. Your favorite color is still pink Pink PINK! To say you are picky about your clothes is a complete understatement and I would say that is really the only thing we disagree on.

Emery- we love you so very much. We love your sweet disposition and how sensitive you are. I love how you are so willing to help others and to reach out to them. You love Ava so much and you girls are still the best of friends. I hope that continues for the rest of your lives. Kinlee looks up to you like you look up to Ava. It is such a sweet pattern. I love how your eyes tell everything about you. One look into those big beautiful blues and I can see every emotion! You are amazing and I am so happy to have you in our family! Love you tons Mimigins! (Also take more pictures of Emery with phone!)







1 comment:

Lauren in GA said...

I love that she continues to have such a sweet disposition! She is just a love! So sweet that she can get all those smiles from Hansen. :) So cute that she is still so into PINK!

Oh...I remember those big beautiful blue eyes!!!

Is that cool chalkboard in your house? I love the self portrait that Emery drew.