Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Emery!

This is the very first picture of Emery Kate. 6lbs 10 oz. 21 inches long.
This is one of my very favorite pictures. I had gone into the hospital to have Mimi around 8:00am. About 9:30 -10:00 is when I was hooked up to the goods.. you know, the epidural! Emery was born around 11:30 am. My parents said they would drop Ava off at my sisters house and then come to the hospital. When they walked into our room, we had already had the baby. My mom and pop are truly shocked. This is a GREAT first picture of Noni and Mimi!!! My mom just kept saying "I can't believe she is already here!!!"
Ava came to the hospital to meet Emery for the first time. She was so excited to see her and to have her little sister here on the Earth with her. (they must have been in ka-hoots in heaven before they came!) They really are best friends!
The first of many kisses!
Mimi's 1st birthday. Now this girl LOVES her some chocolate!!!!!
She was pretty serious about getting it all in her mouth... with both hands!
Josh and I were gone on Emery's actual birthday so we threw her a little party right before we left. Pictures of her birthday I am sure will come (Ta-pa and Ya-ya, we are going to need some pictures!!!) These are some books from Noni and Pop.
The ultimate princess dress-up shoe collection from Mom and Dad.
Mimi's friends Ensley and baby Bergen came over. They made Gack. Mimi loves it!

Happy Birthday to MEEEE!

The good ol' Dora cake. Mimi was totally thrilled!

Make a wish!

Dig in!

It wasn't all that messy this year. She WANTED a fork.

Emery, you are such a sweet little girl and so much fun. You crack us up all of the time. I feel so honored to be your mom! You are such a happy little girl and you love to laugh. You still love to cuddle and I am pretty sure you give the best hugs I have ever had! The way you love shoes brings a smile to my face! You love to wear them on the wrong feet and when you fall asleep in the car you only want one off! (we have tried to teach you the correct way to wear shoes, but your burning desire for "i'ne do it mine self" pretty much takes over!) Your favorite shoes are the pink and white polka-dot "clank-clank" shoes. You can throw yourself ONE HECK of a 'sit-and-spin', but can jump right back up and say in the saddest voice ever "I'ne happy!" You are talking so much now and I love it. You and Ava have full on conversations now, and it totally cracks your dad and I up! We could sit and listen to you girls for hours! Some of the funny things you have said lately are: Mom, Where's THA dad? Oh I'ne know I'ne know, he's at THA work, cause THA big man said so." "I'nna help." "Oh, I do it mine self." "NOOOOO, mine self!!!" "OH NOOOO! That big bad bears gonna get me!" If I ask you a question about Anything you say "Umm been cause I'd had too!!!" I was cleaning out Ava's little potty and you said "Oh look mom, yellow soup!"

Emery, you are such a joy to be around. You can make anyone laugh, that is, if you want to!!!! I am so excited about the years to come and the happiness you will continue to bring into our home. Dad, mom and Ava love you soo much!!!! Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I just loved this!!!! Your sweet Emery is so darling!!!! I laughed at your calling your epidural, "the good stuff"...well said, sister!

I love all of the pictures from the past and the recent pictures, too. They are so cute!

GO YOU!!! CHECK OUT THAT DORA CAKE!!!!!!!!!! You are so talented!

Larman Family said...

I can't believe she is already two! She is so precious.