Saturday, November 5, 2011
Thankful
This morning I had the opportunity to meet a lady from our ward. She doesn't live very far from us and needed a ride to the church. She had signed up to help clean the church, but doesn't have a drivers license or a car so she relies on the people around her. I am so very thankful that she called me to give her that ride. My heart is truly full this morning. What a rough life she has had in the 32 years she has been on this earth; yet she has learned to look past that! She was addicted to drugs for years and has been drug free for over 9 years. When she was 15, she placed her baby up for adoption so that he could have a better life. She did not graduate from high school so now she is working on getting her GED. I don't know how to describe or explain how I feel this morning other than how grateful I am for all that I have. I am truly blessed. I have a wonderful husband that loves me and our girls. He does what he does for our family, so we can have the things that we need. I have 3 beautiful and healthy daughters. I have a house that is a safe haven from the evils of the world. AND I have the gospel. I have a knowledge of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know I am a daughter of a loving God. I hope I remember the feelings I felt this morning. The feelings of adoration I now have of this sweet lady; who is also a daughter of God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a lovely post, Aleasha. I needed to read this so much, so thank you. ☺
Post a Comment