Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Who's the spoiled brat? Me, that's who.

When I was gone in Texas this summer, Josh surprised me for my birthday (and our 5th anniversary) with new counter tops. They are absolutely beautiful. I had no idea he was doing this. This picture is when we first looked at the house before we bought it. You can see that the counter/blacksplash was a small white tile. The counter space is quite small. He had the door to the downstairs bedroom moved over a few feet so the new cabinets would fit and for more counter top space. This is what I came home to. The install date for the granite was 08/15/08. Plywood isn't the easiest thing to clean or wipe off! You can also see in the side of this one the new additional cabinets. This is the front view of the new cabinets. The day before the counter was installed, we had to take everything off and take the sink out. You can see how far over the door frame is now. TA-DAA!!!!!!!!!!!! The pictures of course do NOT do the counters justice. There is so much space here. Before, the counters only went to right behind the sink. Josh has changed out the old light plugs to black with chrome face plates. He just has a little bit more wiring for the light switch. Incredibly deep sink. I had an entire load of dishes just on one side. Its crazy how deep they both are. Josh, they are beautiful! Thank you for the great surprise. I love you!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...... That is fantastic. Can't wait to see them.

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

I want new counter tops!! Have Josh talk to Keyth okay!!... They are beautiful!!!
And there is nothing spoiled about getting new counter tops.... it's practical....(do I live in my own fantast world or what?)

Abs said...

Who's drooling all over the keyboard? Oh! That would be me!

Kelly said...

WHOA!! SURPRISE! Holy cow what a fancy new kitchen you have! It is so beautiful. I love it! You have a super nice husband!!

CD Black said...

That is the most romantic gift I can think of getting. Thoughtful and totally unexpected. I'll keep wishing on stars until I get a beautiful kitchen! It looks awesome!

Erika said...

It's better than I imagined!!!

Holly said...

Wow! Leash your kitchen looks great. Josh did a great job.

Lauren in GA said...

Those are so FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!

The sinks are great, too!!!!!

What is that commandment, Lauren? Thou shalt not covet?

;) You are not a brat! Yay, for you!