Thursday, May 8, 2008

The funny things kids say....

The other day I was trying to get some laundry done and both of the girls were playing in Mimi's room. They were both laughing and giggling and actually playing really well together. Then I hear Ava say "Come on Mimi... Let's do it like rabbits"!!!! I of course thought "Where in the world did she hear that" and checked in on them. Both of them were on their hands and knees 'jumping around like rabbits'!!! too darn funny. I had a special date with Mimi today while Ava was playing at a friends house. Emery was very sad that she could not stay and play with the big girls and was crying really hard. You know the kind where they are "huuhuuuhuuuhaaa" some like to call it "snubbing". Anyway, she was really upset. I told her that we were going to go on a special date and go shopping. She stopped crying and say "K". Then gets this great look on her face and says "For Shoes??????" :) :) :) Smile Smile Smile! I told her yes that shoes would definitely be on the list of things to look at. She was completely content after that. She is only 19 months old. We are really in trouble with this one!!!

8 comments:

Erika said...

Corey told me about this one. That's too funny! Ellie hasn't worn shoes yet so hopefully we can prolong the shoe addiction. I'm a recovering addict myself.
PS, Josh's present is on its way!

Abs said...

Hilarious. Mark and I both laughed our heads off. Anytime Mimi wants to go shoe shopping I'm in.

Kelly said...

Oh wow I'm surprised she totally knew what you were talking about and that she immediately stopped crying just from saying "shopping." Soo funny that she wanted to look for shoes!!

Lauren in GA said...

I love it! That was so FUNNY!

*Phew* the, "like rabbits" situation was totally cute! I love it!

Shoe shopping always makes me feel better! :) She is a girl after my own hear! You are bringin' up that girl right!

Lauren in GA said...

"heart" not "hear"...sheesh...

Aleasha said...

lauren, your freakin' awesome! love ya!!!

CD Black said...

It absolutely kills my five year old that the 2 yr old and I have a secret park. But I love our secret park. It has really big swings that Ryan just loves and says, 'Big, high, mom'. We found it because we had a ditto experience of dropping off big bro.
She can ask to shop for shoes? Amazing. Maybe my budget doesn't allow for a girl next time around!

Anonymous said...

She is her Noni's girl. I knew that gene would come out sooner or later... Can't deny her now. Love that girl.