
First of all-I am new to the whole blogging thing as you may have read, so I am sorry that all of the Easter pictures are split up into 3 different posts. I am using Picasa so if anyone can give me tips on how to blog more than 4 pictures at a time I would really appreciate that... as well as my blogging friends!
Moving on! This Easter we went on an egg hunt Saturday afternoon at a friends house. It was a very exciting time for all of us. This is really the first year the girls have really been interested in looking and getting the eggs. Ava was the first one out of the door to go find the eggs. She saw lots of them but plainly declared "I ONLY WANT THE ORANGE-Y ONES!!!" (Yes orange is her favorite color and we found her taking the orange ones out of other kids baskets. We found comfort in the fact that she was replacing them with another color. Way to play fair, Ava!) Mimi was just all over the place. She was mostly interested in the candy and thought it was awesome that we really didn't care how many jelly beans she had.
Sunday morning the Easter bunny came to our house and the girls were excited about that. They both got coloring books and found more eggs through out the living room. Again, Ava was mostly interested in the orangey ones, but somehow looked past that. Mimi picked up one egg, shook it, brought it too me, had some chocolate and was pretty much set. (That's my girl, Mimi!!!!) The girls were pretty excited to wear there new Easter dresses provided by Ta-pa and Ya-ya. (Josh's parents). Pretty darn cute, I might add.
We then went to church... as a family! I wish (why is everything more clear in hind sight... is that even the phrase...) anyway I wish that we would have taught the girls more about the true meaning of Easter. We have been doing FHE lessons on the Easter story, but I don't really know if they put 2 and 2 together. I am thinking about making a deal with the "Easter bunny" to see if he can come to our house on Friday nights instead of Saturday nights. Maybe then Sunday can be completely spiritual.
After church we had a few people over for dinner. We had a great meal and great company. All in all it was a fantastic Easter!
I love the true meaning of Easter. I know that my Savior loves me. I know that he died for each one of us, but most importantly that He lives. HE LIVES!!!! What a glorious thing!

6 comments:
I love the girls' dresses. They are SO cute. Of course you and your girls are always well-dressed.
Do you upload your pictures through Picasa? Or do you do it from the "Create post" page?
I love the dresses the girls are wearing! I love picasa but sometimes it is crazy to use. You can actually export them to a folder and then post them all at once like you normally would... call me if you have questions
Ohhhh cool new template color!! I love the counters at the top, too!
Your Easter pictures are so fabulous! You ALL look great!
I get such a kick out of the orange obsession that sweet little Ava has! I think it is so great that she was trading up her eggs for orange ones. Good job playing fair! I totally agree ;)
All we did for Ellie was buy her some wrist rattles. We can hold off on the whole Easter bunny thing for another year or so. The dresses are darling. And I love Emery's pigtails! I'm so jealous your girls have hair!! One day...
Oh their little dresses are so cute!
BEAUTIFUL dresses! You pictures look great! I forgot about her loving orange. That's funny. Also I just noticed that Emery's hair is not even close to curly compared to Ava's.... is it curly at all? Glad you had a good easter!
Post a Comment