Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Better late than never

Our Thanksgiving tree!

Every night after dinner we would write down what we were thankful for. The rule was that you couldn't repeat anything for the whole month. As part of our regular bedtime rituals we always say what we are thankful for before bed or what our favorite part of the day was, but it seems like we get in a rut; my family, the scriptures, our home. etc. Now, yes those are great things to be thankful for and they were up there too but it was so awesome to hear the girls and Josh say things that we really had to think about. We truly named our blessings one by one. What a great experience. I hope it becomes the Tree of Thanksgiving Tradition.

1 comment:

Lauren in GA said...

I'm totally stealing this idea. I love it!

Call me Lauren the idea bandit.