Saturday, August 6, 2011

We are finally in!!!

We bought a house and are now moved in. I wouldn't quite say settled, but we are in the house. The girls are loving having all of their stuff, since it was packed away for over a month. I'm loving having our stuff as well. Josh is loving work! Our house is less than 1 mile from the TRE and there is a stop at the Childrens Hospital where he works in Dallas. Its so nice. He texts me when he is hopping on the train and is home 25 minutes later. Ava is about to start Kindergarten and is getting pretty excited about that. Mimi is going to do some kind of preschool/gymnastics (I just haven't found one yet). Kinlee is a little toot! She is still not walking (almost 15 months). If you even offer her the push toys she throws herself down on the floor and throws quite the fit. She is in to EVERYTHING and tries to sneak up the stairs all the time. All in all, she is who is keeping me the busiest! The house we bought needs some work and there are a lot of things I want to do to make it ours. I'll post pictures soon-ish! I'm planning on painting the cabinets black. I'm sure some of you are thinking BLACK? But I've gotten my inspiration from a few places like here and here. Or do a google image search from black kitchen cabinets. There are some really awesome pictures out there. Our kitchen is pretty big but doesn't have very much counter/cabinet space and there are two windows in the kitchen. Our appliances are stainless steal so I think that will make them pop! I'm really excited to get going on this project. I just feel like I need to be able to walk through the garage with out tripping on boxes before I start working on this. I'll be sure to post before and after pictures. But I'll have to find my camera first! Here's to unpacking!!!!

5 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

CONGRATS!! Love ya girlie! Good luck with all your projects!

talkingdonkey said...

that would look awesome with some white quartz countertops or something. We did get to see some pictures and it looks fabulous! Good luck unpacking. You can always stick Kinlee in a box and that will keep her entertained for a good 30 minutes or so. I gave Jack a price tag the other day and he thought it was awesome! - Erika (not corey, he's just signed in)

Lauren in GA said...

It is so great that you are in a house! Congrats!!!

I love black cabinets. I am really into black furniture right now, too.

Is there a lady in your new ward named Kelly Kenny? Is she the Primary President?

I can't believe Ava is about to start KINDERGARTEN!!! She's so grown-up!!!

Sarah and Jonathan said...

YAY! So glad you are getting settled!!! Can you email me your new address? I will send you a Baby G announcement when he arrives :)

Holly said...

I am excited that you were able to get back to Texas. Tell your family "hi."