Today Ava had a little back to school party at a friends house. I knew this would be hard for Mimi so I tried to make the 2 hours a little more special for her. We went and picked out cookies and strawberry milk and had them together. (neither of which are my favorite-but whatever!) We ran a few other errands and then headed back to pick Ava up. The girls were tired so I told them it would probably be a good idea to have a little rest time on the couch. Both of the girls ran up and grabbed their silkies, came down stairs and lay down. Mimi started crying. OH dear, I exclaim! What is the problem (knowing it is probably something very small because she is so sleepy) She says through very teary eyes "I just didn't have fun with you today".
Honestly, I don't know how to take that!
I picked her up, gave her a love and told her I had fun with her anyway. She then fell asleep. At least I can say I'm raising honest children!
3 comments:
How funny! Tyler had a primary party today, so Matt took him. I decided to take Ike to the mall to the play land. We got treats and hung out at the mall, and I thought we had a great time. Well, once we got home, Tyler told Ike what he got to do at the primary party and so of course Ike started crying. Matt asked Ike if he had fun with mommy and through tears he said "no".
Ya never can win! At least I had a good time with him!! Gotta love being a mom!!
Yikes, that's harsh. Maybe you should have gone with chocolate milk and brownies.
Awwww, don't worry...I am sure it was because she was just tired. Everyone knows you are great fun!!
They do say honesty is the best policy...yeah...I'd like to deck whoever said that.
Post a Comment