Unfortunately, she had to have another cast put on. It was a shorter cast (meaning it didn't go over her elbow) She chose purple this time. She had it on for 1 month. That one also stunk when it was taken off! She came home and soaked in the bath for over an hour... her choice, not just mine! Ava just kept saying "Mom, it just feels soooo good!"

2 comments:
I've never had a cast but I am sure that it would be a relief to get one taken off. My friend had a spoon stuck inside her cast because she was so itchy and she tried to scratch with the spoon and then couldn't get it back out. Awkward.
Oh my gosh you brought back so many memories of working at Shriners. We had kids with full body casts all the time and they were NASTY! There were some with dirt and sand falling out of them. You could tell the ones that fell in the tub. And then all the dead skin all stuck to them. I can still smell it.
Post a Comment