Friday, December 18, 2009
Nothing get you into the Christmas Spirit more than a trip to the E.R.!
Yep, that's right folks. Ava and Mimi were putting pillows on top of the couch and sitting on them. Ava slipped right off and broke her right arm. Josh had JUST said "hey, girls lets not do that because I don't want to head back to the ER on my day off." (he is working in the ER this month and had only been home maybe 8 hours when this happened) It honestly wasn't more than 3 minutes later when Ava fell. I guess I could look at it as she was obeying her father and getting off of the couch like he had asked! I feel horrible for the poor girl. And it isn't all about me, but I can not get that image out of my head. The one where she is just laying on the floor crying. She is a super-trooper though. Once we picked her up she stopped crying... until we told her we had to go to the doctor. She didn't so much love that, but did awesome there. I called a great friend and asked if we could drop Emery off so she didn't have to hang out at the hospital. Thanks Abs! Ava loved her duck pez and did not put it down until we got home! Right before we pulled up to the hospital Ava asked if her dad was going to work on her. I told her no that other doctors would be there. She answered "Yeah, today he isn't a doctor, he is just my dad."Ava was picking up her arm and lifting it for the doctors. All of the nurses kept saying how they wished all of their patients where like our sweet Ava. She got stickers and a Dora toy from the nurses and told them she was going to give them to her sister Mimi. Once we got home we all took naps. Ava slept from 3:30pm until 9:30pm when I woke her up to eat. Like I said though, she is a trooper. She is learning how to eat with her left hand, how she needs help again in the bathroom, and how to get into chairs with only one hand. She has yet to complain that it hurts. She must have some serious high pain management!!! We will go on Wednesday to get the real cast on. Here is hoping they have orange!!! Way to be so brave, Ava! Mom and Dad love you so much!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Aww...poor thing! Glad she did so well. Isn't it nice that he was "just a daddy"? Love that.
It's just Karma's way to get the girl to be left handed like all the rest of the cool people in the family :). I hope they have orange too.
I am glad that she is okay! Sounds like it isn't going to stop her from having a very Merry Christmas!!
Oh, my goodness!! When I saw her in sacrament meeting I had to look twice...and...yup...that is a sling I see on her arm!!
What a brave girl. That was sweet what she said about Josh being her dad that day.
Oh, I hope they have orange, too!! She will be thrilled!
Well...Josh can't seem to stay away from that hospital, huh?
Oh! So sad!! Well I hope they do have orange. Maybe that will make it not quite so bad for her. I'm glad she's hanging in there okay. So sad!
You'll never forget that day! You have a darling family.
Post a Comment